Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Une Journée Chargée


Today was extremely productive.  I got my butt to the gym, checked out several apartments, and tested out a restaurant where we might have our wedding rehearsal dinner.  I never thought being unemployed could be a blessing but on days like this I feel lucky to have so much free time.
  
Speaking of apartment hunting, I don't know how many shitty apartments you're obligated to look at until you find "the one," but I think I could possibly win a contest.  Today, J and I looked at not one, not two, but SEVEN apartments! The first three were awful, the 4th à réfléchir, and numbers 5-7, definite yeses.  After looking for 2 months I finally feel somewhat hopeful.  I've already accepted the fact that the perfect apartment in Paris (or anywhere for that matter) doesn't exist, that I'll always find at least one défaut.  J and I are very fortunate in the fact that we will be purchasing an apartment and if there are things we don't particularly like we can always do des travaux.  Tomorrow we will be returning to the 9ème arrondisement to revisit and get an opinion from our parents, and hopefully afterwards we'll make a decision and thus an offer.  I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm already imagining the housewarming party we could have!  After more than a year of sharing 30m2 with my significant other, I'm ready for a change.  I think Nala,our cat, is feeling my pain!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So, that's good news! 3 out of 7 is great! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find what you're looking for.
Oh, and la cremailliere is something we need to get a move on, too. Is it wrong to have one 4 months after moving in? I'm wondering if Jerome has a different idea for a housewarming than you do...Gui's idea of a housewarming party involves lots of beer, Wii games, loud music and dancing. Mine is slightly more refined (think cocktails and hors d'oeuvres).