Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anniversaire


I forgot to mention that last Friday J and I celebrated our (first of two) one-year wedding anniversaries. Last April we were legally hitched at the mairie in the 16th arrondisement where we used to live. It wasn't anything like the grandiose fête we had this past September but I was very lucky because my mom flew all the way to Paris to surprise me, my belle-mère bought me a beautiful bouquet of white roses, and after we celebrated with friends at one of my favorite restaurants of the quarter, La Gare. In honor of this J and I headed back over to the 16th where we we wined and dined. Champagne, foie Gras, tomato mozzarella, rolled salmon filet with herbs, filet de boeuf, and to top it all off, a moelleux au chocolat...there was no holding back! With both of us being students, we don't dine out like we used to so this was a real treat.


La Gare, as it's name implies, is actually a former train station. The restaraunt is a wide open space with atypical decorations and the prices are great. (entrée+plat+ dessert = 22€ for lunch, 33€ for dinner). There is also a lovely terrace, perfect for sipping chilled brouilly on sunny afternoon.


Restaurant La Gare
19, Chaussée de la Muette
75016 Paris

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a great blog! I'll definitely be checking back when we plan another trip to Paris - what a wonderful city to call home!