Monday, March 9, 2009

Why I could never lose weight while living in France



Because even the frozen food is good.  In France they have this magical frozen foods store called Picard.  It's fairly inexpensive and they have everything...from crêpes and baguettes to mixed mushrooms, lasagna, fried rice, seafood, and even mini-desserts and finger foods, perfect for parties.  J and I are addicted to their pains au chocolat.  They come in a bag of 5 for about 3.50 euros.  You simply heat up the oven, place them on the pan, cook for 20 minutes and then voilà: flakey, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth goodness.  Honestly I think they taste better than any of the local boulangeries!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Ooh those look good! There's a Picard near here but I haven't been yet. I have to go now!

jonnifer said...

I love the seafood and veg mixes there. I only wish my freezer were bigger!

jonnifer said...

Or rather, the seafood and the veg mixes (two different things). Voilà :)