Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring!



Hopefully I'm not speaking to soon but it seems Spring is finally here in Paris!  The sun was out today and it was actually warm enough to go out with a sweater and scarf, sans jacket!  J and I woke up and made some pains au chocolat (our new Sunday morning ritual) and then rented bikes from the Velib' station right outside are apartment.  We biked down Avenue de l'Opéra all the way to the Louvre where we set down our bikes to lay down and catch some rays.  There was a nice cool breeze and it felt so good to be outside breathing fresh air (well I guess Parisian polluted air but at least I wasn't holed up in my apartment).  There were so many people out!  It's funny, as soon as the weather warms up and the sun comes out, so do the Parisians.  I even spotted some smiles, a rarity in this city.  J and I then rode over to Place de la Concorde, up towards La Madeleine, Gare Saint-Lazare and then home. I need to do this more often.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I've tagged you for a "Kreativ Blogger" award! Check out my blog!