Monday, February 16, 2009

Wedding Recap

When I started planning my wedding from Paris I was totally lost.  My mom and my bridesmaids were thousands of miles across the ocean and my future in-laws were totally clueless as to why I thought it was so important to choose matching ties for the groomsmen, having wedding programs or even flowers that went along with my wedding color theme.  That's why I started using the internet for inspiration and luckily stumbled upon wedding bee.  Seriously, this site was my savior and even 5 months post-wedding I still find myself checking out other girls wedding details!  My husband thinks I'm nuts!  When I went on the site today I was excited to see myself featured in Mrs. Onion's post on short dress brides.  She had asked wedding bee readers to send in any pictures of themselves in their short wedding gowns.  What's funny is that the whole reason why I found wedding bee is because I googled "short dress brides," found her blog and thus wedding bee!  It was just fate I guess!

I thought I would do a quick wedding re-cap just in case any bee readers buzz over to my little blog.  (Pictures below).  

I spent the morning of the wedding getting ready with my mother and bridesmaids.  While I was getting my hair and makeup fixed my girls were busy putting together martha stewart pom-poms that we would hang on the church pews.  When everyone was finally ready to go my sister and I hopped into the ex-calibur J and I had rented for the day while the girls got into a taxi behind us.  We made it to the church just in time...everyone was on the steps waiting for us!  The ceremony went by very quickly and before we knew it everyone was waving goodbye as we jumped into the car and raced off to Place de la Concorde for some unique Parisian wedding photos.  It was quite windy and the fountain kept blowing water onto us...freezing!  We got back into the car and headed over to the reception in the Bois de Boulogne, a park that sits on the western edge of the 16th arrondisement in Paris.  It was so neat to see all the wedding details together: the simple green and white flower arrangements, the chair covers with brown tulle ribbons, the wedding programs and favors that we had put together with our monogram, and even our polaroid picture guestbook station which everyone seemed to love.  Everything looked gorgeous!  J and I danced to Frank Sinatra's "I Love Paris," and then my father glided me across the dancefloor to Nat King Cole's "You are My Sunshine," a song he often sang to me during my childhood.  The cake was cut, the toasts were made, and we ate, drank, and danced the night away until it sadly came to an end at nearly 2AM.  J and I took a cab back to our hotel suite where we couldn't stop replaying the entire days events in our minds.  My friends who had come all the way to Paris to share our special day still tell us how much fun they had!  We wish we could go back and do it all over.  Vow renewal anyone?

Dress: Legends by Romona Kaveza, purchased at Bridal's by Lori in Atlanta, Georgia
Veil and Flower Clip: My very talented mother :)
Shoes (I had dyed myself): My Glass Slipper
Hair and Makeup: Elisabeth Coiffure
Bridesmaids Dresses: J Crew
Reception Location: Le Pré Catalan
Photography: Halard Photographie

2 comments:

americaninparis42 said...

Awwwwe, I want your wedding! When I get engaged I am consulting you!

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to your party :-( There is a networking event at the graduate school I am thinking of attending so I should really go to that. However, if you would ever like to get lunch or coffee sometime I would still like to put a face to the blog. I'm pretty free this week if you have the time, so if you are interested facebook me. Hope your exams went well and enjoy your vacation!

Busylizzy said...

That was like having a major déjá vu - I just read the post on weddingbee without realizing _you_ are that emily :)

I´m relativly new to your blog, so "hi"!*waves*