Monday, December 8, 2008

After a week of waiting anxiously for a decision on my candidature, I was finally called back on Friday afternoon with some amazing news: I was accepted as an intern! Never have I been so excited about a job before; the company is seriously amazing I can't wait to start.

I really wanted to begin today but of course my current job told me I had to respect a preavis of 48 hours, and as they wouldn't count the weekend I'd be stuck here until Tuesday. Yes, stuck. I tried to explain to them that it was pointless, that I wouldn't get much work done in two days. Of course they didn't care and just wanted to show the other employees that we can't just do whatever we want.

The new job is a located right by the beautiful Musée du Louvre, which is a lot closer to where I currently live and where I'll be living (no, still haven't moved yet). Everyone is young and funky and I think it will make for a cool work atmosphere.

This is also my last week of school before winter vacation and I'm happy that I'll finally be able to take it easy; it's been hard with only one free day per week! Overall, I have a lot of things to be excited for...

3 comments:

Ksam said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear all about it (and at least you can be glad that you didn't have to give the standard préavis d'un mois !!)

misplaced texan said...

I'm so excited for you!! We need to make plans to get together after our trips back home. Good luck on your first day, though. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Emily Marie said...

Thank you! I've been so busy studying for exams and interviewing so it will be nice to get back into some sort of routine. That way I can start planning more meet-ups with you all!