Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome back, America!


Watching his victory speech for the third time today, I feel chills run up and down my body. The American people's ability to unite in the desire for progress has given me great hope and has filled me with a level of pride in my country that I have not felt in a very long time. The record turnout, the crowds, the crying, the dancing in the street.......we, as a a nation have acheived history.

Obama may have inherited a terrible legacy but I believe he is what this country needs to begin the healing process. I hope that McCain's supporters take his concession speech to heart and set aside their hate, anger and fear. Obama can not lead our country without the support of all Americans.

 Yes we can, yes we did, and yes we will. Congratulations to the new leader of the United States, President Barack Hussein Obama!

No comments: