Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wow.

So the past two weeks have been a crazy whirlwind of events....from two job interviews, my friends and family arriving in Paris, babysitting the girls for the last time, a crazy night with my girlfriends at Le Refuge de Fondues, the rehearsal dinner, setting up decorations at our reception site on the big day, getting my hair and make up done while surrounded by my mom and bridesmaids, to finally stepping into my wedding dress, hopping into an old-fashioned car and driving along the Champs-Elysées to the church and then walking down the aisle with my Daddy, then boogying the night away with all my loved ones by my side.  It all went by in a flash and before I knew it I was enjoying a romantic Italian honeymoon with J.  I can't help but continuously replay all the events in my mind.  After all my hard work the wedding went off without a hitch (well, despite a few minor incidents!).  Everything was amazing- the bilingual ceremony with two officiants, the flowers,  the music, the food, the dancing- it was so great to finally see everything put together and everyone enjoying themselves.  
I have to admit, the first day or two of the honeymoon I felt a bit depressed that it was all over.  Months and months of preparations for a night that went by way too quickly.  I wish I had gotten more time to just relax and enjoy everyone's company!  Luckily we plan on going back to the states over winter holiday and I also have some exciting things to keep me busy- moving into the new apartment as well as starting a new job (more to come).  All in all, I just had two of the best weeks of my life and I feel very blessed.

No comments: